Natural Glitter, Does It Exist?
Fighting plastic pollution has become an important topic this century and replacing products containing plastics with more environmentally friendly options has become an urgent step we have to take forward if we want to help the planet reducing the effects of plastics in the ocean. Glitter fans should be part of this fight.
If you are a glitter lover, you should know the glitter we commonly see is made out of plastics and it will most likely end up as microplastics in the ocean. We all know the use of plastics in cosmetics has been the standard for many decades, but that needs to change now. There are also many environmentally conscious consumers looking for an eco-friendly alternative, they are now looking for a natural glitter and here is how you find it.
The Need of Replacing Plastic Glitter
It is no secret that standard glitter represents a threat to the environment. This is because, basically, conventional glitter is just tiny pieces of shiny plastic that once used go through the drains and end up polluting our oceans! So we need an environmentally safe glitter to avoid adding up to the pollution caused by plastics in the environment.
Here are some shocking facts about plastic pollution that will convince you right away to switch to a more environmentally safe and/or natural glitter;
- Almost 12,7 million tons of plastics enter the oceans each year
- This is like having a truck loaded with garbage and emptying its content every minute!
- The US waters get more than 8 million microplastics every day
- Almost 7 tons of plastic are now on the planet as a burden and do not get used or decompose
- The use of microplastics in cosmetics severely damages our environment
The Natural Replacement to Plastic Glitter Is Here
Every time there are more and more environmentally conscious glitter lovers who do not want to keep on using a product that ultimately hurts the environment. That is why many of these sparkle fans are looking for a natural glitter wondering if such a thing already exists. The good news is that an eco-glitter that uses only natural materials is already a reality.
Glitter fans should already be familiar with Bioglitter. In case you are not, here is what you need to know:
- It is a British product that aims to remove the use of plastics in glitter
- It is certified as biodegradable in any environment
- It has won many awards for innovation and sustainability, it also has eco-credentials never achieved by any other glitter company
- It is a natural glitter that has been proven to biodegrade into harmless substances in just a few weeks
- It is the more environmentally friendly option in the market for glitter lovers
The Glitter Options to Reduce Plastic Pollution
Two are the main products of this natural glitter:
The original game changer of the glitter industry. It is 92% plastic free and it is the one with the brightest effect in the Bioglitter family. The goal is to remove its final trace of plastic so more research is taking place at the moment.
The first 100% plastic free glitter in the world! It decomposes like a regular leaf in the natural environment. It also meets all the FDA regulations to be used in any part of your body! Bioglitter Pure sets a new standard in the glitter industry.
The eco-glitter products developed by Bioglitter have many applications, including;
- Arts and crafts
- Cosmetics and personal care
- Decorative and other non-cosmetic applications
And Today Glitter is very happy to offer all the perks of this natural glitter as the first company in the american continent to become authorized retailer of the Bioglitter products!